Pages

Wednesday 1 March 2017

I am learning to identify homographs

I am learning to identify homographs
I am learning to use homographs in a sentence to show the different meanings

For each word below, think of two meanings for it and write 2 sentences that shows the different meanings of the word. The first two has been done for you.

If you don’t know any other meanings for the word, Google it.

Back
I turned back and walked back where I came from.
Back
My back is under my neck and above my legs.
Change
After swimming I had to change out of my wet togs.
Change
The shopkeeper gave me my change which was $2.
Light
I turned the light on and it was bright.
Light
I picked up the bag and it was light.
Wind
The wind blew all the clothe of the washing line.
Wind
I pushed the button to wind down the window.
Sink
I clean the dishes in the sink.
Sink
The boat was sinking.
Sign
My mum signed the permission slip.
Sign
I see signs on the roads.
Bass
I touched the bass in softball.

Bass
I hit the bass{drum}.
Down
I’m feeling down.
Down
I went down the hole.
Rock
I like to play knuckle bone with rocks.
Rock
I like to rock n roll.
Lead
A father leads his child.
Lead
A dog leads a blind man.
Bat
I hit the the ball with the bat.
Bat
I saw a bat.
Can
I can do it.
Can
I have a can of coke coca cola
Row
Row row row your boat.
Row
Row the flour to make it soft and flat.
Bank
I have an bank account.
Bank
I ran up to the bank up at  the hill.
Fine
I am feeling fine.
Fine
My hair feels fine.

Use google to help you find 5 more homographs. Put them below and write sentences for them to show the different meanings.


Draw
I can draw myself.
Draw
I had an draw in a game.
Bear
I saw a big gruffly bear
Bear
My little sister has a teddy bear.
May
My cousin's birthday is on May
May
May I have a turn on your Ipad please.
Close
I closed the door.
Close
I was so close to winning the game.
Rose
I love the smell and look of the roses.
Rose
I have a cousin named Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment