Pages

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Falakika - Sgraffito


My sgraffito shows how I drew Mokoia Pa, there was a fortified village that Maori people lived in on a hill. We also learnt about the two previous Panmure bridges but I only drew the Mokoia Pa. The Maori people built their Pa on a hill so they can see when their enemies are coming to attack them. Close by was a river named Tamaki River. In the Tamaki River was delicious fish that they could fish for so they could get food. There was also a volcano with fertile soil that the Maori people used to grow vegetables. There used to be a swing bridge before the existing Panmure bridge but it wasn’t safe enough for the cars to drive on so they demolished it.


WALT: I learnt about Mokoia Pa. The challenge for me was remembering to add a space after a full stop.



1 comment: