Wednesday, 30 November 2016
Tuesday, 29 November 2016
WALT: use time words in a recount
SC: I can highlight 5 time words I have used in my recount
Instructions: You must write a recount about what you did last week for EOTC week.
A recount is a story about something that has already happened - something in the past.
In recounts, we use words like
- Later on
- And days of the week - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Your task is to write a recount about your week. You can add pictures if you want to.
Before posting on your blog, highlight any time words you have used. You MUST use at least 5 of these.
For your blog:
Labels - tps, year4, writing
Title: WALT use time words in a recount
Start writing here:On Monday some kids went to bowling and lazer strike but I didn’t go because I didn’t pay to go the people that stayed was Hope.T,Nita,Paterita,Jason and some other kids, Miss Ashley stayed at school with us we helped her make a birthday card for Mrs Sharma because it was her birthday after morning tea all the kids that stayed played basketball with Mr.M and with Miss Latoia.Some of us went to class to watch movies, then we went upstairs because the people that went EOTC were almost back, later on we all sang happy birthday to Mrs Sharma then everyone who made Mrs Sharma a birthday card went to her and gave her a hug then gave her the card they made for her.Then it was lunch time, we went and played afterwards we learnt some new art,last we cleaned the classroom then we went home.
Monday, 28 November 2016
Sunday, 27 November 2016
Thursday, 24 November 2016
Tuesday, 15 November 2016
How to make a dumper truck
You will need:
- 1 large cereal box
- 2 small cereal boxes
- Shoe box lid
- Thin strip of blue paper
- 4 bottle tops
- Red and yellow paint to decorate
- 4 round lids
- Scrunched up newspaper
- Grey paint
- Black paint
- Sticky tape
- Cut the small cereal box in half length ways.
- Stick it on top of the larger cereal box using sticky tape on one side only.
- Cut the second small cereal box in half widthways and stick this on the other end of the large cereal box standing upright.
- Stick a shoebox lid on the highest part of the truck to make a roof.
- Stick a strip of blue paper just underneath the roof to make a window.
- Stick two bottle tops onto the lower front of the truck to make the headlights.
- Paint the truck red and yellow.
- Paint four round lids black when they are dry stick them around the bottom of your truck to make the wheels.
- Scrunch up pieces of old newspaper and paint them grey to make some boulders for your truck to carry.
How to blow the biggest best bubble gum
- Bubble Gum
- Buy sugar free bubble gum because they are stretchy.
- For perfect large bubbles, practice indoors.
- Use several pieces of bubble gum till the flavour is gone.
- Stick your tongue into the gum to make a hole and then blow into the hole and make a pouch this is the start of your bubble.
- Blow into the bubble with slow even breath keep a firm of gentle walk of the part still in your mouth.
- Practise your new skill with families and friends to see who can blow the biggest best bubble ever.
- The biggest bubblegum bubble measured 23” in diameter .
Monday, 14 November 2016
Today in room 6 we were doing maths we were learning about symmetry and our teacher gave our whole class a net with tabs to make it into a shape, we cut it out then we coloured it then we glued it and I made a cube.Here is my cube.
Tuesday, 1 November 2016
My Opinions About Roller Coasters
After reading the articles that told about the incidents that have hae][ned at theme parks, I would never ride on a roller coaster because I do not want to die or get injured seriously. When you are injured seriously you could still die. But sometimes I could change my mind if they have a sign that says it has been checked recently and regularly. I have to make sure that it is safe for me and other families to go on. I also feel sad about the people who died at Dreamworld and the 92,000 children who have been injured in the past 20 years. It is important to read lots about theme parks to get correct information. I think it is safe to go on slower rides but can be very dangerous to go on roller coasters.